Notification of Highways England Roadworks: M3 Junction 8 (Popham, Hampshire) – Bridge Support Refurbishment
I am writing to advise that Kier Highways Ltd, on behalf of Highways England, will be undertaking a scheme to replace the bearings and supports beneath the bridge which carries the M3 over the A303 westbound slip road (at junction 8). Work will also involve replacing the expansion joints on the bridge, refurbishing the bank seats beneath the bridge, resurfacing and upgrading sections of existing safety barrier.
The scheme is scheduled to start in January 2017 and is expected to take approximately seven months to complete*.
Work will take place during both day and night time hours depending on the phase of the scheme.
In order to carry out the work as efficiently and safely as possible, the following traffic management restrictions will be in place:
· 24/7 narrow lane running with a 50mph speed limit on the A303 westbound slip road
· Overnight closures of the A303 westbound slip road closure, with a diversion down to Winchester then north on the A34
· Overnight closures of the M3 north and southbound carriageways between junctions 7 (Basingstoke) and 9 (Winchester), with a diversion via the A34 and A303
All closures will be in place overnight, between 9pm and 6am, Monday to Friday only.
Confirmed dates for all closures will be displayed on signs at the junction.
We would like to apologise in advance for any disturbance caused during the works. If you have any questions or if you’d like you know about the work please contact Highways England’s customer control centre:
· Phone: 0300 123 5000
· Email: email@example.com
· Web: http://www.highways.gov.uk
· Local Twitter: @HighwaysSEAST
· Post: Highways England, Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4LZ
*Please be aware that these works have been carefully programmed but are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances
Kier Highways Ltd,